06 May, 2019
How to set up McAfee internet security on Mac?
MacAfee is antivirus software that is designed to fulfill the task of providing protection layers to all the systems as well as devices. The software keeps away all the malware, spyware, Trojans a well as viral attacks. McAfee if kept well maintained and free from all technical glitches, then it comes out as one of the most efficient software that is working towards the security of the systems as well as devices. If in case you are unable to keep the software maintained on your own then for help you can connect with the technicians at McAfee Helpline UK.
The software is not only known for working with the Windows operating systems but it also works very efficiently when it comes to the protection of mobile devices as well as Mac operating systems. But just like many other IT software this also has a lot of technicalities associated with its set up and that is where a normal user from a nontechnical background gets confused.
This blog will focus on helping such users with a set up of the software on their Mac operating systems.
Installer Download - An installer downloaded from the official website will make the installation procedure easy for the user for downloading that the user should follow the given steps –
• On the web browser open the official website.
• Click “My account” then go to sign in.
• Enter the information then click “log in”
• From my application section select “McAfee internet security”
• Under “protect all your devices” click “download”
• Accept the license agreement
• Note down the serial number given below the download button
• You will have to use the serial number later for activation
Installing the software on Mac - In order to get the software installed on Mac, the user should follow the given steps –
• Search for the McAfee installer folder
• Double click the file to run it on the system
• Ensure that all the browsers are closed during installation
• Enter the admin information if prompted
• Enter your serial number for the activation of the software
• Further, follow the on-screen instructions
Software Configuration – If the software needs a configuration then for that the user should follow the given steps –
• Click on the antivirus icon
• Then select McAfee internet security preferences
• Click firewall icon
• Click padlock icon
• In the drop-down change the type from public to home or work
• Click on the red button and close the window
The blog is a detailed guide for a proper set up of the McAfee software on the Mac operating system. If still there is any need for further assistance then it is advisable that the user gets connected with the experts at McAfee Support UK.