29 June, 2019
McAfee issues with wireless printer machines
McAfee antivirus is known for providing the users with a safe and secure system set up. This software also makes the workings of the system smooth. Also, this software keeps all the other machines associated with the systems, such as a printer safe from all types of possible infections and attacks of unwanted elements such as malware, spyware, Trojans and other viral attacks. Therefore, even security software running on the system plays a prominent role in the efficient working and performance of the printer machines. But sometimes the software traps even the printer machine into its technical glitches and most of the times, it happens with the wireless printer set up. You can connect with the experts at McAfee Helpline UK for a resolution to any such issue or any other issue related to the software.
However, this blog will also help you with the resolution of many issues related to McAfee that you may face while using the software with the wireless printer machine.
Wireless printer not printing with the firewall turned on- If you are unable to print from your printer and then turning off the firewall allows you printing then to get this confusion resolved -
• Go to the firewall settings
• Then from the options select “My network connections”
• See to it if the local IP address is added if not then get it added
• If in case it is already added then change the security level settings as per the need
• Save the changed settings and then try to access the printer machine
If still, the problem continues then that means the IP address of the printer is blocked the user needs to unblock that first and then only he will be able to get access to the machine.
Printer not printing with McAfee open firewalls- If this is the problem then to get this issue fixed; the user needs to follow the given steps -
• Double click McAfee icon that is given on the system tray
• Then click on web and Email protection
• Further, click “firewall” then click “settings”
• As the configuration window appears select “program permissions” from the list
• Further, click on “add button” then from the drop down box select “full”
• Open the file browser using the browse button
• Change the spooler settings and get them saved
• Click the “ports and system services”
• Put a check mark against the ports that are to be shared
Once you are done with the procedure you can then close down your McAfee Security Center, and the issue will be resolved.
The two issues given above are the major issues that McAfee antivirus users are seen dealing with while using wireless printer on their system, if in case you are stuck with some other issue or if there is any other issue related to McAfee antivirus then for help ask the experts you can reach them at McAfee Contact and Support UK.